To: All Skills Society Employees
RE: Alberta COVID-19 Vaccine Update: Disability Services Workers Eligible as of Tomorrow, April 30th
From: Skills Senior Leadership
April 29, 2021
UPDATE: Starting tomorrow, April 30th, at 8:00 am, all front-line disability services workers will be able to book vaccine appointments. We encourage all employees who have not yet received a vaccine to book an appointment.
There are 3 ways to book a vaccination appointment:
What to bring with you to your appointment:
- One piece of identification that proves your age, which could include your Alberta Health Care card, a driver’s license, Social Insurance Number, birth certificate, or passport;
- For employees receiving immunization as part of Phase 2C, employment verification documents available through the Company Documents section in Avanti – see Skills Society April 13th memo for more information;
- Any additional items you are asked by Health to bring when you book.
For more information visit the Alberta Government website by clicking here.
Additional groups will become eligible as part of Phase 2C and 2D
The following groups will be eligible to book a vaccine starting tomorrow, April 30th:
- Residents and support staff at eligible congregate living settings and workplaces at risk for large outbreaks: front-line policing and provincial sheriffs, front-line disability services workers that support clients in a variety of services and living arrangements, mental health and other types of licensed supportive living
- Caregivers of Albertans who are most at risk of severe outcomes
- Firefighters and front-line policing and provincial sheriffs who interact with residents at shelters, correctional facilities and remand centres, and Canadian Border Security Agency staff
- Albertans born 1957 to 1971 (turning 50 to 64)
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons born 1972 to 1986 (turning 35 to 49), no matter where they live